Thursday, October 10, 2013

Drake of the Hoenn Elite Four

yo watch out we got a stone-cold killer comin' thru

Drake looks like he just wandered in out of some horrible storm of salt and spray. His coat is tattered, he lost his shirt, but he didn't lose his captain's hat by God, and he sure as hell didn't loose his gallant 'stache.

He's a badass. He's probably strangled an octopus with his bare hands, eaten more kinds of seagulls than I'll ever know about, and spent over a years worth of combined time adrift at sea.

however - he's a Dragon trainer. which is still kinda badass, but... you've got this obvious nautical theme going, why use Dragons? because you don't want to be associated with those pansy-asses Wallace and Juan, I guess.

Other than that, Drake is exactly what I want to see in my Elite Four. Not sporty-looking, teacher-looking, well-mannered, official-sanctioned waypoints. But the Elite in their field, tested over years of hard work and sacrifice. and few characters sell that as well as Drake does right here.


Overall: 9/10
Previously

2 comments:

  1. Man, every artwork for the Hoenn Elite 4 has completely changed my perspective on what I thought they looked like. Based on sprites, I thought Phoebe was a little girl, and Drake was a portly dude, not a skinny guy in a jacket.

    Shit's crazy, yo

    ReplyDelete