Monday, October 7, 2013

Sidney of the Hoenn Elite Four

I'm actually very familiar with this incarnation of the Elite Four.

I may have not mentioned this before, but my first run through Sapphire was disastrous. My starter was Sceptile, who proved useless, so I had to abandon him. I wanted to use Sableye to fight against Ghosts, but Sableye actually really sucks. I also brought Shedinja, hoping to cheese out a few trainers, but that never really happened. I used a Hariyama, who did okay against Sidney here. I brought a Castform, planning to have it use Hail and then be Ice-type to fight Dragons. Needless to say, that didn't work. Torkoal was my attempted Fire, but he's also kinda shitty. So in the end, it just came down to my Kyogre running a train all over everything with Surf and Ice Beam. It ended up near lvl 65. Everyone else was hovering around the 40's.

I picked somehow the worst team of Pokemon for the job, and got my ass handed to me more times than I could count. By the time I finally gave in and let Kyogre do all the work, it was too late, my enjoyment of the game had been ground into nothingness.

anyway, my point is that I've fought Sidney possibly more than any other single trainer in any other game, so he's like a close friend to me. A close, douchey-hipster friend who happens to have a team of Pokemon I all think are awesome.

Sid looks like a prick, but he uses Dark-types, so I'm actually gonna say it works. He oughtta look a little punk. Could have more black on him, instead of that much red, but eh.


Overall: 6/10
In the remake

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure what to think of him actually....
    Just...why?
    I kinda like most of his team too. But for some reason he seems to lack any defining personality to me. Am I biased?

    ReplyDelete