Saturday, September 23, 2017

Alolan Muk

High above the mucky-muck / castle made of clouds...

Definitely the hidden gem of my Sun playthrough, which is pretty appropriate. A diamond, hidden in the sludge. Though should I have been so surprised, given how much I already liked regular Muk? I guess I just wasn't liking the rainbow texture. I get that it's like an oil slick, but...

Then, I saw it animated, and my opinion did a 360 degree turn and moonwalked in the opposite direction. The way the colors shift and run through its goopy mass is mesmerizing, the sort of quality that I've come to not expect from Gamefreak. And the bits of rubble make a convincing set of teeth and fangs, moving far beyond the hippo stylings of his predecessor.

I love this big oopy-galoopy, runny ice cream, oobleck-lookin', Super Mario Sunshine extra, BP spill, ecology-destroying bastard.


Overall: 9/10 -> 10/10

1 comment:

  1. I really like the japanese name of this mon ability because it show that this mon was messed up by humans.

    ReplyDelete