Wednesday, May 30, 2018

7th Gen Summary

It's been a long time coming, hasn't it? We've been through so much, you and I. Well, it's time at last. Come, lay your head on my lap, and let me dribble opinions into your ear.

The 7th gen averaged out to 5.4 / 10. And that's counting Alolan forms, which I think you should. But not counting Ultra Beasts, because I scored them on their own scale, and evaluated them on different criteria. Ultra Beasts averaged out to a B+, by the way.

Funny story about the Alolans, though - they actively hurt the percentage. And compared to their Kanto origins, they combine for a net loss of 15 points! I feel like it was all worth it, to get Alolan Muk, Ninenales, and Marowak, though.

Oddly, despite the score coming in lower than Gen 6, I have a much more positive feeling about this generation! Maybe there were more 10/10s, and I've already forgotten the middling mooks? Or maybe it was the Alola Spirit moving me. I liked the game as a whole, and wrote my thoughts in more detail in the First Thoughts series.

Here's to Gen 8 in 2019!

other regional scores, for reference:
Gen 1: 6.2
Gen 2: 5.8
Gen 3: 6.1
Gen 4: 4.8
Gen 5: 5.4
Gen 6: 5.6
Gen 7: 5.4

No comments:

Post a Comment