Thursday, January 9, 2020

No. 810: Grookey

she said do you love me, I tell her im monky

Grookey was my pick, but that's not saying much. Underwhelmed with the starters in all their forms this gen.

That said, Grookey is fine. Decent proportions, funky little monkey baby, but his weird orange gloves should have been orange fingers instead. They don't signify anything in his evolutionary line, either.

And I'll give them props for designing a Pokemon that holds something (in this case a stick) but also giving it a natural place to store it, so we don't have to worry about what happens if he loses his stick. Like if Farfetch'd just dropped its leek it would instantly revert back into a normal duck, but Grookey stores his drumstick/beatstick in his leafy hair for safekeeping.


Overall: 5/10

6 comments:

  1. I gotta say, I really do love Rillaboom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since the Galar forms now have entirely new evolutions are you going to do them following the Galar Dex order, or still keep them at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Sir I DEMAND that you review Thwackey, here's his official art https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/8f/811Thwackey.png

      Delete
  4. Continue this you coward

    ReplyDelete