Friday, January 17, 2020

No. 818: Inteleon

The name's Pond. James Pond.

So once again changing themes with a swerve sharp enough to give you whiplash, Inteleon is some sort of secret agent lizard. Wasn't he a chameleon? Shouldn't that tie in to this somehow, give him stealth cloaking powers? Nah, he just shoots you like Yusuke and has a gliding cape.

Also he's skinny as a rake, and going to star in a Dreamworks film.

There's a weird imbalance among the starters. Grookey starts out energetic, gets mellowed out, and ends up... basically the same? He's just monkey. Meanwhile Scorbunny goes through an emo phase but ends up exactly the same as he started - energetic. And then Sobble can't make up his mind, going from timid to tryhard to... suave? Whatever emotion a spy would have. My point is, it doesn't add up. There's no cohesive theme or pattern, and it bugs me.

Especially when the end result is this dumbass. Can't even blame it on "had to fit the pattern the others established". Just poor decisions.


Overall: 2/10

7 comments:

  1. Ahhhh , I'm sad you don't like him. I agree that his theme just sorta falls apart at the end, but I like this skinny boy more than the other two starter last evolution. I think his animation with his finger gun saves it for me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really like Inteleon, and his Dynamax form is dope as fuck.

    Rillaboom is still the best starter of this generation, and a perfect 10/10 imo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to stop checking this blog every single day and being disappointed

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the blog is dead again, as usual

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inteleon sniped the poor guy for the bad review

    ReplyDelete