Tuesday, August 30, 2022

No. 904: Overqwil

no I know where it was now, this is a Donkey Kong Country boss
Overqwil has a cool name, and that's the most positive thing I can say about it. I can't stop thinking about certain toys I would get as a kid, which never stood up because they were sculpted in an action pose, or designed with a weird bottom like this. Always pissed me off, when something only functions as a keychain. I want to stand it up with my other toys!

and in a similar vein, Overqwil pisses me off because of how ridiculous it looks out of the water. The idea of a big floating mine could work, but holy shit why did you have to make the top and bottom spikes so large?


Overall: 1/10

3 comments:

  1. Fish are often light on the bottom to camouflage against the sky when viewed from below and dark on top to camouflage against de depths when viewed from the top.

    This one has a wave pattern separating the two, implying it's perfectly camouflaged only when bobbing on the surface and the waves (famously static and predictable) line up juust right with its body.

    It's also got purple highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's weird how they noticed that Quilfish is the only Pokémon starting with a Q and decided that needed to be part of it's identity. Even when it clearly never was.

    It's as if they made a new form of Farfetch'd and gave him a flag with an apostrophe on it. Or a new Bulbasaur with "001" drawn on its bulb. Or a new version of Yamask's evolution with a big honkin' slur spraypainted on its casket.

    ReplyDelete