Friday, May 19, 2023

No. 918: Spidops

Call of Duty: Spidops
If this is how the early-game bug and rodent Pokemon are looking, then damn we're in good hands this generation! Spidops is great, he looks like a Mega Man X boss and moves like Agent 47. I love the animation where he draws the web-garrote taut, ready to choke a bitch. Spidops moves with such purpose and personality, it's hard to believe he's only the 2nd stage in this line. I wonder what sort of badass assassin spider he'll evolve into?

Hm? what's what? I've been passed a paper just now... It seems that Spidops doesn't evolve. This is it. Surely that can't be right, we call this bug "Not Found" because his base stat total is 404. His whole setup revolves around forcing the opponent to switch out, and punishing that with Sticky Web and Stakeout. Except Spidops isn't threatening to anything because it's so weak.

A damn shame, because I really like the design and concept going on here, but I had to bench my Spidops because being SO SLOW made it simply unfun to use in the main game. Especially with a much better Bug-type right around the corner. I know I don't tend to grade on stats, just designs, but sometimes I can't help but be influenced by the way the Pokemon performs in-game, you know?


Overall: 9/10

3 comments:

  1. Wait hold the phone. I never saw it doing that with its strings. How come I've never seen that? This looks really cool! It doesn't look like this in-game at all in my experience. It was kinda just walking around with its arms spread out.

    I had the shiny though, which is fun cause it reminds me of Spider-Man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my least favorite things about Gen 9 is that many, if not most of the new mons feel incomplete. Either they need one more evolution, or they evolve but don't change at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame that such good designed mon has crummy stats.

    ReplyDelete