Friday, September 20, 2013

Roxanne of Rustboro City

We're only 3 weeks away from X and Y, and here I am just starting with Hoenn gym leaders. I guess I'll justify it by saying that I'd kind of like a little time to actually PLAY the new games before I start ripping into the Pokemon, but you and I both know it's because I was a lazy turd over the summer.

anyway, Roxanne. Her thighs are thicker than her waist.


Overall: 3/10

no wait, that's not all I wanted to say! uh, her name has "rocks" in it, and she's a Rock-type trainer. which seems to be a popular first-gym choice. She doesn't look it, though. I'd expect Normal, or possibly Psychic.


also, she um, has... a... nosepass? okay, I guess I really don't have much to say. and in fact, I'm gonna lower that score up there. Roxanne is forgettable to the extreme. she doesn't fit her theme, has no personality that I can recall, and her badge is stupid.


Overall: 1/10
In the remake

6 comments:

  1. Doesn't she look kind of like a Fairy user? Speaking of which, what is your opinion on the type's weaknesses and resistances? Also, what do you think of the ability, refrigerate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, Fairy wasn't even around back then, so I didn't even consider it.

      as for the type itself, I think it's a step in the right direction, but as I've said before I'd really like to rebalance the whole damn chart.

      and refrigerate is a damn good ability, and sounds like so much fun it almost makes me want to pick the pretty pony apatosaurus instead of the badass tyranosaurus.

      Delete
    2. I kinda find it unfair that they nerfed the steel type (probably since I only just now realize how muich I like that type.)

      Delete
  2. Now that I think about it if they did make a Fairy Gym Leader it'll prolly be somethin like "Fiona", or whatever. I think Togepi and Togetic are gonna be Fairy/Flying so no more of it being generic/flying.

    ReplyDelete