Saturday, September 7, 2013

Clair of Blackthorne City

those hips... I would say Gamefreak doesn't know what they're doing to me right now, but I have the feeling they know exactly what they're doing to me right now.

Final Gym Leader in Johto is Blair, and she runs Dragon-types. Her Kingdra is especially awful, because it's only weak to Dragon, not even Ice. (but Fairy coming along soon would make that easier)

I like the color cohesiveness, and would accept her as a sea-serpant-themed Water trainer. But that cape really sells the Dragon in her. Also I dig the scale pattern going down her lovely sides there.


It's possible she's overdoing it a bit, being slightly more melodramatic than she needs to be, but I honestly don't mind it. Clair's the goddamn 8th Gym Leader after all, and she lives right in front of a goddamn dragon shrine, she's allowed to dress like an anime villainess if she wants to. As far as I'm concerned, she's perfect.


Overall: 10/10

5 comments:

  1. I hate when you defeat her and she forces you to go through a stupid ass cave to find some stupid ass item i don't even remember. I beat you, now give me your stupid ass badge if you don't want to be slapped in your stupid ass face with my dick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that escalated quickly...

      Have to agree with the almost over-the-top craziness of her design.
      However, she mains a Kingdra, and her design yells sea-dragon. So it's spot on imo.

      Delete
  2. While I despised her in the game, she was a perfect gym leader. Looked the part, resembled her typing, was tough as hell to beat, and once I did beat her, I felt amazing.

    Until I had to freaking go into that cave to get my badge. Don't be a sore loser Clair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely unrelated, but what is your opinion on the ending of Katekyo Hitman Reborn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was pretty dang awful. Tsuna didn't learn anything, he didn't officially take up the mantle, Reborn remains practically unchanged, it was pointless.

      If the series had ended at the end of the previous arc, or after the Future arc, or after the varia arc, it would have had the same level of resolution.

      Delete