Thursday, September 12, 2013

Karen of the Johto Elite Four

well, Bruno is still in there, and Koga moved up, then Lance is the f'reals champion this time, so...

Karen is pretty much all that's left for the Johto elite four. I think maybe I'll go back and tag the relevant Kanto people as Johto, actually.

But hey, Karen is up at bat - she uses Dark types, despite there being nothing remotely Dark about her appearance at all. dat midriff is nice, yeah, but yellow, white, and pale cobalt?? that's seriously said "Dark Type" to you? Karen, you need help.

I can dig her philosophy, though. to quote, "Strong Pokemon, weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers try to win with their favorites. I bathe in whipped cream." Now that speaks to me, I friggin love whipped cr- I mean, I really agree with the bit about using your favorites instead of focusing on what's the STRONGEST.

I guess that's my feeling on competitive games in general, I use Cody and Ibuki in SFIV because I like their stylings, despite the fact they aren't really super good. And I realize I'm not using the Smogon-approved best teams with all the IVs and EVs cranked out to the max when I play Pokemon, but I don't really care. Partly because the main game is easy enough that you don't need that shit, and also because I would rather use middling Pokemon I like, than a strong Pokemon I dislike. No matter how good they make Dunsparce, I'll never put that turd on my team.

though in fairness, there is a limit. Using an outright shitty Pokemon/character and then thinking you're cool beans when you lose because "lol well i was usin a low-tier team anyway not like u really won anythin lol" then that's asinine. If you're gonna be a low-tier hero, then actually be good at it, don't use that as a crutch to explain away all your losses.

I'll end this rant for now, because I've gone majorly off track. Karen looks like an Ace Trainer, not a Pokemon Master, much less a master of the Dark. points for her having the right idea, tho. and for dat
toned belly.

Overall: 4/10

5 comments:

  1. I wouldn't even qualify her for a dark type trainer with her first team. She has two non-dark pokemon who use no-dark moves. Both of them are weak to psychic attacks and strong against fighting attacks.

    On another note, what do you think about steel losing its resistance to ghost and dark, and the fairy type?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. im okay with it losing resistances to ghost. but not dark.

      Delete
    2. i don't think you know what your talking about she had all dark and fairy hasnt changed status with steel

      Delete
  2. I hated her!!!! I managed to pretty much breeze through Will and Bruno. Koga was more difficult. Had trouble with his Muk. But when I had first gone through the game. When I was still rocking the level 40 something team. She was a bitch!! I would blast her Umbreon down til it had I tiny bit of hp left. Then she freaking switches it out with her houndoom, and my second attack would become useless!! My first pokemon was my Typhlosion, which was, and is, a badass! But since houndoom had freakin flash fire ability, and Kyo (my Typhlosion)knew only fire type moves, well, to put it simply, it fucking sucked. Damn Karen....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her Houndoom was satanic. I managed to beat the rest of her team with ease but that stupid Houbdoom took forever to finally take down.

    ReplyDelete