Monday, September 16, 2013

Janine of Fuschia City

So that's pretty much it for Johto, but on the return trip to Kanto you find the Gym Leaders have been changed a bit. I've already covered Blue before, so here's Janine.

Koga is her dad, they're both ninja, they both use Poison types. They both utilize some similar ninja tropes (scarf, fingers, those pants, gauntlets), and both look pretty fly. I especially like her black/pink color scheme, it's really unique and striking.

but she falls into the same pitfall as her father - being a ninja doesn't necessarily mean you look like a Poison trainer. I guess it's one of the most probably types, along with Dark and Bug, but whatever.


Also, since I didn't mention it before, this thing is called the Soul Badge. that's right, Poison type gym = Soul Badge. Never mind that Sabrina is over there giving away the Marsh Badge, and using Psychics. I feel like someone screwed up, especially since you could actually fight these gyms in either order.

so yeah - Janine is adorable, she looks in-control, she's pretty sweet. that's just about all I have to say.


Overall: 8/10

1 comment: