Thursday, November 7, 2013

No. 663: Talonflame

there's a fried chicken joke in here somewhere if you want to look for it

Yo okay, this bird, THIS FRIKKIN BIRD. Fire/Flying, time to run a pain train on all the Grass types I see. Ice? don't worry, I'll melt it. Ground? don't worry, can't even touch me. As long as it avoids any flying rocks, it'll be fine.

and Flame Body is a based ability. activates all the damn time for me.

The design itself, reminds me of one of those Chinese war-falcon things. kinda. three stripes on the tail, nice touch, flame body paint, hot as heck, and cruel curved talons.

It's perhaps a little on the busy side, but I think the red specks actually add a feather-like texture to the thing. Now, the name is butts, but aside from that I've no problems whatsoever. Best starting bird BY A WIDE MARGIN. You know, between this and the end-game birds from Gen 5, I think I might be getting over my avian-hating complex.


Overall: 9/10

7 comments:

  1. idk about anyone else, but for me, even though its typing is badass, this guys was a tad dissapointing after the sleek, kickass design of fletchinder. Lose a few pounds, talonflame, and you'll be cool like your pre-evo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen real falcons? They look round. Altough it's their fluffy feathers, they're really lean and muscular killing machines.

      Delete
  2. Again, check out the German name which may be a little over the top considering Talonflame's look but:

    Fiaro

    Fire Arrow, which will piece through any ice-types it will meet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You think Flame Body is a based ability? Check out its Hidden Ability Gale Wings which makes all its Flying-type moves like Brave Bird go first. Which makes it a rather often used Pokemon online. Of course Flame Body Talonflame is still extremely useful for hatching eggs.

    On another note, I don't know why they couldn't have just named it Flarrow. It's so obvious. Was it trademarked or something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, gale wings makes this guy fantastic, great revenge killer

      Delete
    2. I guess I've just not met anything in-game that can outspeed my Brave One, so it ALWAYS goes first as far as I'm concerned, haha

      Delete
    3. Personally, I never use one for battle. Only for hatching purposes because of the Flame Body ability.

      Delete