Monday, November 18, 2013

No. 668: Pyroar

have you read Doubutsu no Kuni? you should read Doubutsu no Kuni.

So I'm a little disappointed on two fronts - first, it didn't get a more badass or useful typing. and secondly, it didn't grow a mane made out of flames. like, that's a gimme, Pokemon. that's been a thing in Kirby since forever, and it's always great.

The actual hair is alright, it's got the Fire Blast kanji in there, that's cool. I like how the female one has this long ponytail-esque thing going on, and how both designs are just subdued and straightforward. the banding and lines in the face give it away, but other than that these could easily be mistaken for 1st gen Pokes. which is good to see, because it shows that Gamefreak still knows what they did right.

all-in-all, a solid Pokemon with a few missed opportunities. or should I say opurrtunities. oh ho ho ho theyarecats ho ho ho


Overall: 7/10

5 comments:

  1. Normal is probably the best secondary type to give if you don't want the pokemon to be too powerful or too weak. It has a single weakness and a single immunity. That said, how would you react to a ghost/normal type

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I would feel about Dark/ghost, before fairytype killed the gimmick there

      Delete
    2. Dark-type kills a ghost/normal gimmick
      I still like dark/ghost, I feel like fairy moves aren't extremely common yet.

      Delete
  2. I didn't like Doubutsu no Kuni too much I have to say that Dougen was awesome but I thought it was pretty meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow I disagree so hard I'm shooting poisoned bloody mist out of the stumps where my limbs used to be


      Delete