Thursday, November 14, 2013

No. 666: Vivillon

Vivillon is the anti-christ. you can tell, because it has the number of the Beast, and because if you take the letters in its name and turn them into numbers and then divide by 5 and then code them into musical notes, it plays a song that sounds like "I am the Devil" backwards

So yeah, another butterfly. we've seen this before, and it's getting old. Hell, it got old the second goddamn time. It's ancient freaking history. By now, turning in a Bug/Flying type in the early game is practically paleolithic.

yet, Vivillon brings one quirk to an otherwise completely unnoticeable Pokemon - collectible colors schemes!


Mine was High Plains, which is alright. I like the look of Continental and Elegant a lot, as well as Sun and Polar. The rest are fine, except Monsoon and Ocean, which are just a little too pixel-art for me. Although the Pokeball design is kinda neat.

But yeah. Vivillon learns a better set of moves than Butterfree, and is just plain better stat-wise. And it carries the pixel-powder theme from its previous forms. So actually, maybe it's better than I thought. Maybe this is Butterfree done right. and I can't hate a Pokemon that's literally just an improvement on something I slammed long ago. It's a rehash for sure, but it actually is somewhat decent (almost) this time around. so that deserves credit.


Overall: 7/10

1 comment:

  1. This Pokemon pisses me off. Mainly because I was really expecting something super cool for the 666th Pokemon, but Gamefreak gave us yet another butterfly, only this time with more colors. Also, I feel that Gen 5 finally got the moth/butterfly Pokemon right with Vulcarona, and then ruined it with this guy. I mean, he's not actually horrible, more like a disappointment.

    ReplyDelete