Friday, February 18, 2011

No. 129: Magikarp

also known as Koiking in Japan, which is a pretty good name actually.

Now, here's the thing: Magikarp is a horrible Pokemon in the sense of "he only learns splash and maybe tackle and has the worst stats I've ever seen on something that wasn't a cadaver."

But he's also awesome in the "this is the story of an underdog who will grow up to fight against his destiny and change into a raging god-beast of war."

but he also sucks in the sense of "he looks stupid, and I don't even want to see him in the wild, because he gives like no exp, making fighting a Magikarp boring and pointless."

but he also makes me laugh in the sense of "hahaha oh man this fishman caught 6 Magikarp how did he use a Magikarp to catch another Magikarp I have no idea but this man is going to go ALL THE WAY with his team of Magikarp."

and he's also amazing in the sense of "holy freaking shit I just ran into a level 87 Magikarp I didn't know that was possible."


So in the end, I want to give Magikarp points for being the poster-child for late bloomers and for being generally hilarious, but I also want to take away points for being useless, weak, stupid, and looking like a pile of magi-CRAP.

Let's call it a draw.

Overall: 5/10

4 comments:

  1. WORST! POKEMON! EVER!!!!!! I feakin` hate this stupid fish!!!!! it`s not even a pokemon! it is a freaking fish. i freaking red fish with weird wisker like thing and a dorsal and bottom fin that look sorta like crowns. What the friggin` bloddy hell is up with that! it alway attacks you when you are using surf on ponds and lakes in the game. it`s like stupid ass tentecool! the only differences are that one is a fish and lives in freshwater, the other, a jellyfish and lives in saltwater. WHAT. THE. FRIGGIN`. HELL?!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To me its worththe money you pay to get it at the start.

      YES! I paed 500€ to get that at the Mt. Moon.
      And then I trained it.

      Also its so derpy and cute

      Delete
  2. Did you know that it hasnt got the WORST base stats?

    I kid you not.

    Azurill is officially the worst pokemon you can have.

    ReplyDelete