Monday, August 24, 2020

No. 852: Clobbopus

 Octolings represent

Last gen, we had a Fighting-type Pokemon based on an aquatic animal, with a boxing motif. Crabrawler was ultimately a disappointment, but I'm happy to report that Clobbopus is not. Maybe it's a little weird to not be Water/Fighting, but we've done that type before so it's not like it would be new, anyway. Plus, there's plenty of turtles that are just Fire, and Krookodile was Ground, so I don't think you need to stick with the inspiration animal's real-life typing.

All of that is to say, Clobbopus is adorable and I wish it showed up earlier in the game, cuz I barely got to know mine before it evolved. But it's an octopus that punches, and I think that's spectacular. No need to even ball up a fist, this one came with the gloves built in.


Overall: 8/10

2 comments:

  1. It's so cute that I don't want to evolve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So why does he have the Discord logo on his face?

    ReplyDelete