Tuesday, August 25, 2020

No. 853: Grapploct

 If an octopus put me in a sharpshooter, I have no idea what I'd do. Die, probably

First things first, this color scheme rocks. Second things second, notice how it only has 3 legs supporting itself? That's cuz the 8th is wrapped around its waist like a belt. Third things third, you'll never guess where Grapploct's mouth is. It's not where you'd think. Go ahead, look it up, I'll wait.

Back? Crazy, isn't it!?

Finally, I have to say Grapploct reminds me of Raiden from King of Fighters.

Also, its signature move Octolock is cool as hell. It locks the opponent from switching out, while also lowering both its defensive stats every turn. Would be cool if it also did recurring damage like Bind, but it's the rare stat-based move that I'll actually use. You're stuck in here with Grapploct for three minutes. THREE MINUTES OF PLAYTIME!!!


Overall: 10/10

3 comments:

  1. Do you think that James Turner made the overall design of gen 8 mons better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not knowing what they would've looked like without him, it's hard to say. But looking at his track record, I like his designs in general, even if they're rarely my favorite. We'll have to see how the scores average out in the end to know if this gen was better/worse than the last, all I can say is that my overall impression of Galar is "a lot of dumb idiots, but about two dozen fantastic 'mons that make up for it"

      Delete
  2. YES FINALLY SOMEONE ELSE WHO LIKES GRAPPLOCT

    ReplyDelete