Thursday, August 27, 2020

No. 855: Polteageist

 I still haven't played Luigi's Mansion 3

What really bugs me about the art for Polteageist is how the cracks on the teapot make it look transparent, as if you can see the ghost-body's outline through the porcelain. Or more like there's a rendering error, which would be really weird for a 2D image. But it's not translucent at all, and in fact you can clearly see through the cracks that Polteageist's body takes up the entire inside of the pot, but still. It's confusing linework, and kind of an amateur mistake to make. Just a simple change in posing (or removing one of the lines) would alleviate the issue.

But that's the only bad thing I can say about this funky fellow. The swirls in the cup have become eyeballs, and that pose is very charming. This was one of the ones I was most excited for, until the leaks revealed the entire dex. And maybe it's just another mono-type defensive Ghost, but sometimes all you need is a warm brew of ectoplasm.

What do you think Polteageist tastes like, anyway? Grape, cuz of the purple coloring? Tea would be obvious, maybe too obvious. I'm thinking it tastes like haunted Dr. Pepper.


Overall: 10/10

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever taste Polteageist has, it would randomly change one day just to prank its trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm confused by what you mean about the linework? I've read it over a few times now and I either don't understand or just don't see what you're saying. I don't think anything looks transparent in that picture and can't see any way that it could? Bit confusing.

    ReplyDelete