Monday, April 25, 2011

No. 181: Ampharos

Can we call this one the black sheep of the family?

It doesn't look much like a sheep, but at least it has the tail and ear-horns to tie it all together.

Ampharos is one of my favorite gen 2 Pokemon, and I don't really know why. I guess because it seems so noble and humble, being a lighthouse and all. It makes me feel calm. I don't even know why I like it so much, I mean, it looks more like a kangaroo than a sheep.

It's also one of the few Pokemon that actually look good rendered in 3D, because the generic latex texture the shitbrains responsible for Battle Revolution used actually look good on it.

I liked how you had to find medicine for it, it was a more human and touching task than saving the world and thwarting evil organizations. I always thought it weird that Jasmine didn't have an Ampharos...

But, despite how much Ampharos calms me down, and makes me nostalgic, and inspires nobility in all who bathe in its radiant light, I still kinda wish that the Mareep evolutions had continued to get woolier and woolier instead of sheared. Oh well.

Overall: 9/10

1 comment:

  1. No love for Battle revolution?
    Well I am a Colloseum and XD-gamer anyway

    ReplyDelete