Wednesday, April 13, 2011

No. 169: Crobat

Ah, the first of several new additions to old Pokemon lines.

And it has the problems that will become typical of such "bonus" Pokemon.

To start with, it is purple. Not blue. Which completely spits in the face of the Zubat and Golbat color theme. Next, it grows another set of wings, its current wings get smaller, and it closes its mouth.

Damn, it's not even like the same pokemon, is it!?

They changed like everything about Golbat. Zubat to Golbat was about bigger mouth, bigger wings, staying frigging blue. Crobat just goes "screw that mess I'm doing things my own way!"

and, honestly, it looks cool.

I don't like the dumb evolutionary progression, but Crobat looks a helluva lot cooler than Golbat. But why the hell does it evolve with happiness? Golbat is like 42% Piss and 13% VInegar by volume, it should not need "happiness" to reach its final stage. It should evolve just by sheer spite.

Overall: 6/10

4 comments:

  1. I agree about the evolution progression weirdness. If it had been up to me I would have made Crobat a divergent evolution of Zubat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what about 167 and 168?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My absoulute favourite of GenII yet. Maybe THE but we will have to see. Crobat is always in my team when I get the chance. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete