Wednesday, April 20, 2011

No. 177: Natu

Know what I hate?

The bulbapedia physiology entries. I mean, this is what they have down for Natu:

Natu is a tiny, mostly green bird Pokémon with a nearly spherical body, and with accentuations of red, yellow and black along with its main coloration. It possesses brightly colored, yellow-and-red wings with thick black stripes. The wings are small and not fully grown, thus making it unable to fly. Natu has a red crest on the top of its head, and its three-toed feet and three tail feathers are also red. Natu also has almond-shaped eyes and a yellow beak.

Dear lord, was that not the most useless paragraph ever? How about just writing "frigging look at the picture dumbass" and it will give them all the same information. The only thing of any note whatsoever in that block of pretentious bullshit was that Natu apparently can't fly, which is strange, because I taught mine Fly. So whatever.

But seriously, those things are pointless. In rare cases do they provide any new information, like for example if the picture of Golbat was with it wrapped up in its wings, then a paragraph describing the mouth would be useful, because I can't see the mouth. But if I CAN see the damn mouth, or the color of the eyes, or the "nearly spherical body" then don't tell me about it, dammit.


oh yeah, Natu. I like him, he's a bird, but some bright spark made him also psychic-type, which is a unique combination. He reminds me of a Native American design, which I'm sure is what they were going for, and Xatu will make it even more obvious.

Overall: 7/10

1 comment:

  1. But Natu can't learn the HM for Fly. its literally impossible...

    ReplyDelete