Friday, August 3, 2012

No. 487: Giratina

Now here comes trouble.


Trouble with a capital T that rhymes with G that stands for Giratina! Red, black, grey, and gold are a bunch of colors to work, but I think the big G works them well enough. I think I've mentioned before how much I like it when things have 6 legs, so that's another plus.

In the interest of fairness, tho, I should point out that holy shit does Giratina have a bunch of hoops and stripes and bands and stuff. and I think those wings might be a bit much? It looks like a powerful engine of destruction, but a lumbering, awkward kind.

Altered Form: 7/10


All the better to contrast with the pure form, the one it takes when it is at home in the Dark Dimension or Negative Zone or whatever. Evil black tentacles (with the spikes from the wings becoming claws), those neck hoops open to be like actual claw-spike things, the head gets badass and streamlined, and it now has more proper bands like a snake. Also spikes alongside, because why not? I love the hell outta this design, it lives up to the Ghost/Dragon typing, and even if it is over-the-top and digimon-like, screw it. This version of Giratina is supposed to be the scariest, evilest damn thing around.

Origin Form: 10/10


Overall: 9/10

8 comments:

  1. Giratina looks more like a dark type in his altered form and Darkrai looks more like a ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, the idea of a ghost dragon comes across just fine, and Giratina earns some extra points for governing antimatter, matters older badass brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giratina earns my permanent respect for being the only pokemon that could actually scare me if it was real.

    This thing would fit right in with Krueger and Dora the Goddamn Explorer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I once saw someone mention that Giratina is basically the devil. Not only is it scary, it has six hoop things, six wings (in origin form), and six legs. 666=demon/devil

    I sort of agree with it because Giratina is crazy, but the 666 thing might be a step too far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's called the Distortion World, in case you still can't remember and don't feel like looking it up :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got this thing from wonder trade in pokemon y. BEST DAY EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got this thing from wonder trade in pokemon y. BEST DAY EVER.

    ReplyDelete