Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The best Gen 4 Pokemon

haha, if you thought I was going to take a break to actually update the things I said I would, instead of just loaf around, then you must be a new reader. Yes, here at NAPACE, corruption runs deep. But I will promise to have everything fixed and brand-spanking new before I start the 5th gen.

Anyway, here's the cream of the Sinnoh Crop!
1. Luxray
2. Torterra
3. Lucario
4. Roserade
5. Hippowdon
6. Gible
7. Arceus
8. Giratina (Origin Form)
9. Abomasnow
10. Weavile


While I think it's telling that the 4th gen contained the fewest 10/10 Pokemon, that doesn't take away from the grandeur of these guys. Luxray especially, is just so frigging good I almost want to write fan-fiction about him. But how do they stack up against my cumulative top 10?

1. Haunter
2. Heracross
3. Scyther
4. Machamp
5. Blazekin
6. Pinsir
7. Cacturne
8. Typhlosion
9. Luxray
10. Blastoise

um... not very well, it seems. I mean, I have to ask myself, "Do I like Luxray better than Typhlosion?" and the frank answer is "no". And then I think about Torterra and Blastoise, and the better turtle is pretty clear. But enough about me, how about you cats and kittens? You got any favorite dogs in this fight?

9 comments:

  1. To be honest, the afterthought 18 minus lickylicky, magmortar, rhyperior, gallade, and magnezone. Also: garchomp, torterra, infernape, vespiquen, all the other cross-gen evolutions, bronzong, spiritomb, the entire skorupi line, and all legendaries except for the lake trio, shaymin, and the manaphy line. If they make phione evolve into manaphy, and shaymin is no longer considered a legendary, they will make my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torterra is not just my number 1 for gen 4 he maybe my all time number 1. And easily my favorite starter.

    Other favorites include Luxray, lucario. mangazone. and megayanma.

    I kinda of like the theme of the lake trio. While the designs are pretty weak, I like the emotion, will, knowledge thing. It worked very well in the manga.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I didnt tell you my favourites of GenII I tell you now the ones of the fourth Generation.

    1. Inferniape
    2. Lucario (obviously)
    3. Luxray
    4. Leafeon
    5. Weavile
    6. Honchcrow
    7. Glaceon
    8. Torterra
    9. Empoleon
    10.Frosslas

    Tobe honest I didnt have an easy time to choose, since non of them all seem all that good with few exceptions. 5 of them being Afterthoughts.

    This Generation certainly lacked originality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.Garhomp
    2.Luxray
    3.Infernape
    4.Staraptor
    5.Electevire
    6.Magmortar
    7.Heatran
    8.Rampardos
    9.Lucario
    10.Crobat

    this list was hard to make because every pokemon in gen 4 is useful in some way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how Crobat being listed as a 4th gen Pokemon is somehow only the 3rd most wrong thing in this post.

      Delete
    2. I just really hoped you'd notivced
      *laughes nervously*

      Just out of curiosity:
      What are the other two wrong things?

      Delete
  5. My top 10 Sinnoh Pokemon. You know the drill, no starter lines or legendaries.

    10. Honchkrow
    9. Shinx
    8. Garchomp
    7. Weavile
    6. Hippowdon
    5. Abomasnow
    4. Lucario
    3. Luxray
    2. Vespiquen
    1. Mismagius

    ReplyDelete