Tuesday, August 7, 2012

No. 491: Darkrai

Yo, one time I heard this guy pronounce it like "Dark-eye" and I thought he was throwing some racist slur around, so I punched him in the teeth. True story, homes.


But anyway, Darkrai is a little bit of a badass. You can tell because he's all dark and shadowy, with red and white highlights. He also has immense power, which he struggles to control. Some theorize he secluded himself on Newmoon island so that no one gets harmed by his uncontrollable power. He also in one of the movies sacrifices himself to save the town or something. He's basically listening to Linkin Park and wearing pants with buckles, you guys.

But I still like him anyway. The design is striking, and I like the way the edges are all fleeting, like smoke or a shadow. Also that's a pretty neat collar. I kinda wish the color was the mouth of his true head, and the white trailing thing is just his tongue, so he's pull that shit back in, and snap the jaws shut, and then step right into the nightmare dreams of children everywhere.

Maybe Darkrai should've been a Ghost type, but I still think it's fine legendary. He's more, well, dark, than a regular Pokemon should be, but as the legendary who controls bad dreams and shit like that? Great.


Overall: 9/10

2 comments:

  1. He forms a duo with cresselia. I personally think that this works as the duo's designs are very different

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the collar close to his face looks like a massive underbite combined with that little bit of dangling hair.

    ReplyDelete