Thursday, August 2, 2012

No. 486: Regigigas

You think that's a lot of g's? Gogiga Gagagigo would like a word with you.


Supposedly the fusion of the three Regis, Regigigas somehow doesn't remind me of any of them. I mean, he's got those color-coded lights on his chest, okay, but everything else? Moss, space-rings, and monochromatic designs? Well, I guess he's actually just their leader, but then why bother with the tiny shout-out at all?

I kinda like the moss, actually, because it reminds me of the Laputa robots, and makes me think its been sitting for ages, getting overgrown and shit. But that, and the yellow hoops, and the lights, on top of the black-n-white? It's a little overwhelming. Taking out the lights would go a long way, since they barely suggest the Regi trio as it is. But I like the overall frame of the thing, it seems like some unstoppable colossus, a golem from ancient times.

However, it is a complete butt in play. Slow start? Halving its Attack and Speed for the first 5 turns? Yeah, good luck ever making use of that. Makes him easier to capture, I guess...

Oh, and that one time in one of the movies when Regigigas had to stop a glacier or something? That was badass. Regigigas has a few more good points than bad points.


Overall: 6/10

4 comments:

  1. He's made from a material known as gigas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yugioh reference! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You referenced my favourite Card-line!
    YAY!

    In anyway, it always bothered me that he is NORMAL-type. Shouldnt the BigBoss of the group be something special? A mix of the three Golems? No?

    Then I suppose I se a Dark-Type Regi coming up sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In an old Italian Pokémon magazine, there was this column that taught you how to draw Regigigas, and they said his head looked like a giant slug trying to climb over it. Now I can't unsee it.

    ReplyDelete