Sunday, March 3, 2013

No. 615: Cryogonal

the world's angriest snowflake

I'm not sure what I think about this guy. It's a rare no-evolution Pokemon in this 5th Generation, and also the 3rd straight pure-Ice type. Sure, it specializes in Defense, but is that really different enough?

that's something that bugs me. Unova has a bunch of creative new typings for Ghost and Bug, but at the same time it has like 4 pure-Psychic lines, 4 pure-Fighting lines, and 3 pure-Ice lines. Not much ingenuity there, huh?

But back to Cryogonal, I just think it's a weird face it has. I don't know if that's a mouth or mustache down there, and I don't know if the eyes are supposed to be fierce or happy. They're in the ^_^ shape, but for some reason they look imposing to me. Like they're angry. But in the end, they're obviously just a glowing circle behind a mask of sorts. It's ambiguous, is what I'm saying.

I mean, I think he looks kinda cool, I like the interlocking look (like Cofagrigus' face), but I don't think Cryogonal is really anything special, either. just too damn confusing.

Overall: 4/10

5 comments:

  1. It's nither happy nor fierce/angry, it's sad. It's CRYING. CRYogonal.

    But yeah, I agree it's not a good design, and nothing special game wise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first read it as Cryog-Anal... but maybe that's just me.

      Delete
    2. (First commenter) I had to have it pointed out to me too, I had no idea what the heck this things deal was. Reading my first comment I realize it comes off a bit "Duh, how did you miss that?", so sorry about that.

      Delete
  2. Speaking of Cryogonal being sad...
    http://img2.smackjeeves.com/images/uploaded/comics/7/7/770eb6847EJ34.png

    ReplyDelete
  3. You actually ignored one thing that is really in favor of this thing: levitate ability
    Immunity against both spikes, paired up with Rapid Spin and Dual Screens or Haze makes him an ideal spin blocker, fantastic SP.Def
    One of the few viable pure ice types :(

    ReplyDelete