Monday, March 25, 2013

No. 631: Heatmor

I think Heatmor stole Fire Man's arm gauntlets. But that's fine, because those things are wicked.

Now, I think I mentioned back when I reviewed Torkoal how much I like the idea of Fire types spouting steam and/or smoke, and whistling like freight engines when they shoot fire. So, Heatmor delivers on that count. But then it has to go on and have veins of orange, overlapping with grey pipes and grey bands and then more orange claws. You guessed it: too busy, too much shit going on here. The pipes would have been enough, but...

actually, you know what this guy really looks like? one of the little woodies from the Moomins got turned into one of the mechanimals from The Day the World Broke, and if you got both those references you are already privy to 25% of my childhood.

Heatmor has cool ideas, but it's disappointing that he only exists just as himself, no evolutionary line. and again, those stripes are distracting me from giving it very high marks.


Overall: 6/10

1 comment:

  1. I see where you're coming from, but about the veins, I think the original idea was that he's shaped like a volcano, and the stripes are supposed to be like magma flowing down, but yeah, it could have done without it. For what's it worth, it's the first anteater based Pokemon.

    ReplyDelete