Sunday, March 24, 2013

No. 630: Mandibuzz

Remember that one vulture miniboss in the Gusty Gulch level of Paper Mario? that was a good game.


I know "mandibles" mean jaws of any kind, but the word always reminds me of bugs. That, coupled with the "buzz" makes the name give off a insectoid flare that I'm sure they didn't intend. Because it's a buzzard. Not a bug. You can tell by the beak.

I'm not the biggest fan of the design, though. I prefer to think of my vulture as stooped and gangly, not all crumped up together. Perhaps they do this in real life, but when I want to see a picture of a vulture, I want to see them leering their head down, all sinister-like.

The bone in the hair is a neat touch, though. Also nice to see that Mandibuzz learns Bone Rush, which shows someone was actually thinking. I wish some Ghost types learned that move, actually.

aside from that, I guess Mandibuzz is just sorta boring to me. After the glory and grandeur that was Braviary, I was expecting its counterpart to be more evil and threatening.


Overall: 5/10

4 comments:

  1. Its bone apron is a mandible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, it woulda been awesome to have this be some kinda soviet vulture, too, but that never woulda made it past the radar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. damn straight it was a good game

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cough cough, it was on Mt. Rugged #doucheymcnitpick

    ReplyDelete