Thursday, March 7, 2013

No. 619: Mienfoo

reminds me of Mei Chang from FMA

I like Mienfoo a lot, but it's a pity it comes so late in the game. Because by then, there's already a stable team of bros and/or hoes that I use, and kicking someone off the team that late in the season would feel wrong. But I do appreciate that new Pokemon continue to happen at this point, because in other games nothing evolves past level 40 except the pseudo-legendary, so in the lategame you just find fully evolved forms of things you've already seen, and maybe the odd single-stage tough guy.

But in Gen 5, there are like a dozen Pokemon that don't reach their final stage until level 45 or later, which means that you get the thrill of evolution longer, and you find new exciting Pokemon further into the game, and the overall pacing is just better. When I recently played Black2, I never had to grind for anything except Clay's gym. Other than that, I just did all the main-story quests, and walked past all the trainers. I barely even stopped to fight wild Pokemon, because I was gaining exp at such a perfect rate.

but back to Mienfoo itself - ambiguously a weasel or ermine or something, but it knows kung-fu. simple design, no random splotches of color (the neck band nicely breaks up the head and torso, and the eyebrows are just that, so they are appropriate), and it has an adorably fierce look in its eyes. I can't really think of anything wrong with it, aside from it being the 4th line of purely Fighting types you've encountered...


Overall: 9/10

2 comments:

  1. I just loved this guy the moment I saw him and his evolution. They also kick ass in battle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kicked something off my team immediately once I found one of these. They just look so cool and they hit so hard. :3

    ReplyDelete