Friday, March 15, 2013

No. 625: Bisharp

I kinda wish that they hadn't gone with a chess theme for these guys, because there's nothing chess-like about them at all.

Okay, Bisharp definitely takes the idea and runs all the way with it. And he doesn't just stop at home plate, either, the guy just keeps running, past the plate, past the dugout, over the fence, over the bleachers, out of the stadium, and just keeps running.

It's like a Power Ranger, except instead of being the "tiger" ranger or the "triceratops" ranger, he's the "ginsu knives" ranger. Apart from the body blade, which honestly look like they'd cut the inside of his own arms, he's pretty well balanced. The Kinnikuman crest is appreciated, but I'm not sure if the gold was necessary. His legs are amazing, though, unique looking boot-feet, and you know already that I love poofy thighs. okay that sounded wrong

but in the end, I'm sad to say, Bisharp looks like a Robot Master, not a Pokemon. While I believe the 5th Gen mostly kept a lid on things, we've seen recently that they kinda gave up near the end. really fun design (with a few minor flaws), but doesn't belong in this game.


Overall: 4/10

3 comments:

  1. He looks kind of like a shadow dragon from Narutaru. Those feet also look like goat legs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I can see what's Digimon about Bisharp and Golurk, but hey, at least they're useful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Caesurio" is the germans version name.
    Its kinda weird to me, but waving its arm like that it really looks like an emperor.

    Maybe it is just me

    ReplyDelete