Friday, September 30, 2011

No. 288: Vigoroth

DUDE IM TWEAKIN OUT HERE WHOA MAN

But when Slakoth evolves, he suddenly gets the ability to stay awake FOREVER.

This is a much better ability, and it made me almost not want my Vigoroth to evolve.

As for his design, I think it's actually a little hilarious that he's a sloth on speed, and his red forehead fur reminds me of the Dying Will Flames from Katekyo Hitman Reborn. but wait, look at his back. Are those Pikachu stripes? Does Pikachu share some sort of lost evolutionary link with Vigoroth?

I hope so, otherwise they're just frigging stripes there for no reason. This is what pisses me off about Pokemon from the 3rd gen onward - they just have random spots and stripes for no apparent reason, that don't add to their design at all, they just clutter it up. I'm tolerating it for now, but I won't for much longer.


Overall: 6/10

1 comment:

  1. Don't the stripes sort of carry over from Slakoth though?

    ReplyDelete