Sunday, November 13, 2011

No. 324: Torkoal

chugga chugga chugga chugga WOOO-WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm totally a sucker for things that hiss steam out of pore and vents, I admit it. that PSHHHHHH sound gets me every time, I love it.

So Torkoal is a dream come true in that regard. Also, he reminds me strongly of The Day the World Broke, an excellent old PC point-and-click adventure game. There was one part where you visited the Iron Works, and there was I think a snail, a turtle, and a few other animals, and they were all Mechanimals, which meant they were part machine, and they all worked together to make iron ingots and stuff. It was neat.

While Squirtle took the "turtle" concept to its aquatic extreme, Torkoal takes it more along the "desert tortoise" route, which is smart. I kinda wish it had some evolution, but it's great like it is. Seriously, I don't have a single actual complaint here, except wishing for more steam-based tortoise goodness.


Overall: 10/10

3 comments:

  1. the 10/10 tag is missing again XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...

    I sincerely hope this doesn't become a regular habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Torkoal, but I have one tiny complaint: Gamefreak missed out on a great opportunity to make a kickass Fire/Water Type that would have actually made sense.

    ReplyDelete