Saturday, November 19, 2011

No. 330: Flygon

those goggles are adorable

Okay, Gamefreak doesn't have any excuse for the typing shitstorm going on with Flygon. He doesn't look anything like any stage of an Ant-lion's metamorphosis, he has very clear wings, and those bubble goggles and antenna make him look fairly bug-ish.

Yet, Ground/Dragon.

Bug/Dragon would make sense, the most sense. That would be badass. I could also see Dragon/Flying, or even Bug/Flying. But Ground/Dragon? I get that they want to keep the type constant throughout the line, but maybe, they should have thought more about where they were going when they created Trapinch.

Flygon could be the end of his own, separate line. I could see a larva nymph Pokemon evolving into Vibrava, and then gaining Dragon-like characteristics for Flygon. That would be cool. Meanwhile, Trapinch evolves into a bigger, badder orange sand-bug.

It's too bad all this type junk is going on, because I like Flygon's design. Thinking of him as a dragonfly with the "dragon" part taken literally, he's great. And like I said, those goggles. adorable. I would give him a much higher score, but I just hate the retarded typing so much...


Overall: 7/10

2 comments:

  1. It makes about as much sense as Gyrados' Flying type.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should gain a Bug/Dragon type Mega Evolution!

    ReplyDelete