Monday, February 20, 2012

No. 372: Shelgon

Bazinga!!

Remember how I said it couldn't get much worse? Well, I didn't say it was gonna get any better.

Seriously, what the shit is this supposed to be. Dragons don't ever go in shells, they don't have a larval state, Shelgon looks nothing like Bagon, this is stupid.

Actually, Shelgon, on its own, is okay. It looks like a good starting point for a evolutionary line about terrible, badass monstrosities hiding in shells. Except, its smack-dab in the middle of a freaking psuedo-legendary Dragon line. Hell, Bulbapedia doesn't even have a damn clue what its doing here. "Shelgon is based on a dragon and a pupa", it helpfully states. Well, that makes a shit-ton of sense, doesn't it?

No, it doesn't, and I don't like it. If I recall, I think I gave Pupitar shit for pulling the exact same stunt. Except I was probably more generous because of how the shell of Pupitar becomes the chest plate for Tyranitar, whereas Shelgon here just comes out of freaking nowhere, and then disappears back there. Or maybe it's Bagon who's totally out of line, I don't care.


Overall: 3/10

4 comments:

  1. i think i can see shelgon's pattern on salamence's belly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't come out of nowehere:
    First bagon has the crest on its head which evolves into the top of shelgon's shell. Then the botton of shelgon's shell becomes the white part on the bottom of salamence. Simple =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that Bulbapedia entry killed me.

    ReplyDelete