Tuesday, February 21, 2012

No. 373: Salamence

I'm starting to think that this guy should've been named Flygon, and Flygon should've been named literally anything else...

But, whatever. I guess naming conventions aren't impervious to change.

So, is Salamence a better Dragon than Dragonite? Yes, but that's not hard. Salamence has a good all-american color scheme, and though he does have a bit much going on, his face is pretty imposing and fierce. The wings are what kill me, though.

I mean, they just look so fake and tacked-on. No ribbing on them? No hooks, plates, nothing? what the shit, did a four-years-old draw this?

Also, screw Salamence knowing Flamethrower. That screwed over my Ice-types so many times, I don't even know. It makes sense for a dragon to breath fire, but why not make it Dragon/Fire? Too overpowered? Then maybe you should've thought about the whole "Dragon Type" thing before you ran out the frigging door with it, Gamefreak. Gosh.


Overall: 4/10

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salamence...the second worst of the Pseudo-legendary.

    Yeah Dragonyte was bad bad, but that dude just is almost as worse.
    To me he always looked goofy. To bad he pulverized me easily.

    It didnt help that I used him in the beginning of XD:Gale of Darkness

    ReplyDelete