Friday, February 10, 2012

No. 366: Clamperl

I can do the best impression of a clam you've ever seen, trust me if you saw it you'd be impressed

Clamperl makes sense. A giant clam with some pearl inside is a classic sea animal, and it eventually had to get a run in Pokemon.

It's the evolutions that don't make a lick of sense, and since they both stem from this guy, I should talk about them now.

So, Clamperl is a clam, we get that. But if he holds a tooth or a scale, he turns into one of two Dr. Seuss fish. Seriously, those guys are like straight out of One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, a title that is a hell of a lot more fun to say than to type.

I don't get why they picked Clamperl, of all things, to undergo such a drastic evolution. Couldn't they invent some sort of tiny, innocuous fish? Or something that is even in the same phylum as a fish?

I don't have any problem with Clamperl itself, except that it looks like its napping, but I can't get over the random evolution.


Overall: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment