Saturday, March 2, 2013

No. 614: Beartic

Polar bears have always been my favorite kind of bear.


I like how Beartic is basically a triangle with arms. He's like a mountain, that turned into a bear or something. The icicle beard is pretty cool, but I think it could be even more pronounced.

speaking of pronounced, we can't NOT pay attention to Beartic's crotch. Not since the days of Michael Jackson and David Bowie has a crotch region been so prevalent. You can't tear your eyes away from it, it almost seems to draw you in, like a black hole. Actually, that sounds even dirtier than it is. It's a white bush, is what it is. There is a Pokemon that is a triangular polar bear with a gigantic tuft of hair on its crotch, and that's just something we all have to live with.

it's even more obvious in the 3D models, which makes me think that Gamefreak knew exactly what they were doing here. It's not a case of "oh I drew some lines and you guys thought I was accentuating the pelvic region? whaaaaaat" it's a case of "yeah that bear's got a big crotch, you wanna fight!?"

also Beartic really sucks in the game, because while Icicle Crash is okay, not being able to make use of like ANY OTHER Sp. Atk Ice Moves and being slow as a frozen brick is not.

If you ignore the bush (which is hard, I know) then Beartic has an alright design. but if you ignore the everything, even Dunsparce has an alright design, so I'm afraid this bear should just go back to hibernating. If that's something Polar Bears do, I don't know, I never watched the Discovery Channel.


Overall: 3/10

2 comments:

  1. Surprisingly enough, I didn't notice/pay attention to the crotch fur until you brought it up.

    And even then, I can easily ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha awesome review

    ReplyDelete