Sunday, May 8, 2011

No. 194: Wooper

WOOP WOOP

Finally, a good Pokemon! And a great one at that. Wooper is a neat little guy. He's based on the axolotl, which is sort of what you get when nature throws up its hands and says, "Here! A salamander with antler-gills that can't go on land! I don't know what I was thinking!" but Wooper makes it awesome.

side note: Axolotls are sold as "Wooper Loopers" in Japan, which makes me so happy.

also, Water-ground is a great typing. All he has to fear is grass, which you don't see as often as you'd think. Even better, he looks pure water, so some cocky little brat sends out his Raichu to give you the works, but UH OH. It had no effect! And then earthquake for the win. I guess this latter part applies more to Quagsire, since he's the evolved form, but eh.

Wooper is Sooper Dooper. (I can't believe I just wrote that...)

Overall: 10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment