Friday, May 13, 2011

No. 197: Umbreon

Wow, blogger was down yesterday. I wasn't even being lazy but now it looks like I was being lazy on Thursday the 12th 2011.

Lots of people like Umbreon, and I guess I can see why. It's got a nice, solid design, and it is pretty simple to draw.

I don't remember if it's good to use in actual play, though, or anything. Dark solo types don't strike me as something as useful as the many dark dual types.

But at least Umbreon looks like a fox, which is good. Also, another Pokemon with an excellent shiny sprite. The eyes turn yellow, and the bands turn blue. But thank god the fur doesn't turn like bloody-shit pink, because that would ruin the whole thing.

also I've got a question: I see a lot of Pokemon with these carrot-shaped ears, but none of them have visible earholes. What's up with that?

Overall: 7/10

2 comments:

  1. Umbreon is mainly used as a tank and trapper in actual play, cos it can mean look and baton pass (from Eevee). Heh, I understand that this is your own method of scoring, but I would say I love its design more that Espeon. It really looks good, with the whole umbra/moon rings theme going on, and those sinister yet cute eyes. (oxymoronic, I know). I chose this evolution over Espeon first time I played. Sucks that I had to wait for night though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I evolved my two eevees just at the fight with the elite four back in Silver or Crystal.
    I dunno why it took me sooo long.
    I almost evolved the two both to Umbreon, which sucked, but eh.


    Good times though

    ReplyDelete