Tuesday, May 24, 2011

No. 206: Dunsparce (for real)

Okay, sorry about that. I'll try for real this time.

I hate everything about Dunsparce. I hate how he is a below average normal type with no evolutions, because that makes him completely useless in-game. They didn't even give him a gimmick, and they hid him the hell away, so you feel like he should be worth something, but no. He's not even worth the money you spent on the pokeball it took to catch him, or the 5 minutes of your life you'll never have back.

Then, I hate his design. If they were trying to create something that is just a slap in my face in terms of being completely hideous, ugly, unlovable, stupid, lame, and boring, then they succeeded.

He has fugly little useless wings, which according to his dex entry allow him to pathetically fly a tiny bit, but he learns no flying moves and doesn't have levitate. His half-assed drill tail that looks like something a 4 year old drew apparently lets him dig, but he can only go backwards. Then he has spikes on his chin, which for the longest time I thought were mandibles. And then his closed-up eyes, atrophied from eons of disuse.

Dunsparce is like one of those sightless, translucent, hapless, pathetic creatures you find in caves where there is no light and stuff. At best, all I can feel is pity. At worst, disgust. And the thought that somebody willingly created such a creature, instead of it evolving that way in a cruel twist of fate, is the most disgusting thing of all.

Dunsparce is horrible. My least favorite Pokemon. my most hated Pokemon. This 1/10 is the lowest 1/10 there will ever be.

Overall: 1/10

11 comments:

  1. Thank you, I now have a strong desire to grab a Dunsparce by the tail and slap people in the face with it xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dunsparce kicks ass with Paraflinch.

    Don't hate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remember the day when it was in the anime?
    All the cool kids got one since in a twist of fate, all the Dunsparce that are usually rare JUST happend to fly over.

    All got one except the child of the day What's-his-face. Naturally he gets it and everyone is happy. Too bad it is a piece of fucking shit and everyone that likes him should get slapped with one repeatedly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, the wings look kind of good in a funny, interesting design way...but yeeeeeaaaaahhh hes total garbage anyway

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dunsparce is awesome with Serene Grace, though. And the reason it's weird looking is because it's based on a mythical creature called the tsuchinoko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Tsuchinoko is a fat snake. Dunsparce looks nothing like that.

      Delete
  6. looking back, why didn't you give this a 0/10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I believe in America. and in America, we don't use the letter 0.

      also, I feel like I made my opinion plenty clear: http://notallpokemonareequal.blogspot.com/2011/05/no-206-dunsparce.html

      Delete
  7. I LOVE DUNSPARCE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you hate Dunsparce, or Dunce-Sparce, why didn’t you give it a 0/10

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still shocked that this is no longer your least favorite

    ReplyDelete