Saturday, December 3, 2011

No. 337: Lunatone

Like other bonded pairs, It's hard to talk about Lunatone without talking about Solrock.

So, I apologize if I get some Solrock in your Lunatone or vice-versa.

But my major complaint, right off the bat, is that Lunatone and Solrock have the same typing, and share a large part of their moveset, except Solrock also gets access to moves like Flamethrower and Sunny Day and such. This is supposedly offset by Lunatone specializing in Special Atk and Def, and Solrock in physical Atk and Def.

All of this has the end effect of making two Pokemon who look very different, interact with each other in no way, yet have flip-flopped stats, similar movesets and typing, except one of them has access to other Special Atk moves that it can't use because it has physical Atk.

So, Lunatone is Boring and Solrock is useless. Great.

Tomorrow I'll share my solution, if I was in charge of making some sweeping retcons, but for now I'll just say that I like the moon more than the sun, in a poetic sense and stuff, and I would also like to see the moon from Soul Eater fight the moon from Majora's Mask.


Overall: 4/10

2 comments:

  1. Majora's Mask's Moon would win, his tears are priceless jems. That and he has a pretty bitchin' headbutt attack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in its current state, soul eater's moon would win.
    the power of madness and shit.

    ReplyDelete