Wednesday, December 28, 2011

No. 349: Feebas

oh, look, it's this sad sack son of a bitch.

Hey, remember Magikarp? Yeah, so do I. His gimmick was that he was an ugly fish that sucks, but evolves into some badass sea serpent! Hey, see Feebas? Yeah, so do I. His gimmick is that he's an ugly fish that rips off Magikarp's gimmick and he sucks and everyone hates him and he's unreasonably hard to catch.

Seriously, screw Feebass. I don't need this shit. You mean to tell me I have to go through this long-ass rigmarole, only to get Gyarados's hot cousin? I should be getting the second coming of Arceus with this amount of work. Christ.

See, this is a prime example of a bad thing. Everyone already accepts how much Magikarp sucks, because we all know he'll be great one day. And we accept running into him all the frigging time, because that's the point, you don't expect such a common and sucky Pokemon to turn into something like Gyarados. But when you make it rare as hell, people expect greatness, and get disappointed, and the frustrated when they have to make a bunch of Poke-blocs or whatever.

Feebass, if I accidentally did manage to catch you while fishing, I'd just throw your sorry ass back in the water, dipshit.


Overall: 1/10

3 comments:

  1. It's Feebas, with one s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably because he looks like ass.

      Delete
  2. Something I just noticed about Feebas: Is it supposed to represent having an eating disorder? Okay hear me out.

    So look at their pale, spotty skin; their hollow cheeks; their sunken eyes. Even the tail looks like it's disintegrating.
    Then there's the notion that Feebas is pretty much worthless if they aren't beautiful enough. So to combat that you have to be very strict about which poffins or pokéblocks they eat and which ones they don't.
    And then, when they're pretty enough to be worth something, they turn into like this model or diva or whatever Milotic is supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete