Sunday, December 4, 2011

No. 338: Solrock

oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on me!!

So yeah, just read Lunatone again if you need to remind yourself about why I don't like these guys.

But, to make them better: new types. I've voiced my desire for a "Sun" or "Light" type, to compliment the Dark type, and to make the Sun Stone represent a type. But then, you still have the Dawn Stone and Shiny Stone which would have no type. I guess one of them could be for Normal types?

"what about the Moon stone", you ask? Well well well, that's my second new type. the "Cosmic" or "Space" type. There are more than a handful of Pokemon that get lumped in with Psychich, just because they are strange and unearthly, not because of any actual psychic abilities. And then there are some that are flat-out associated with space.

Off the top of my head, the Clefairy line, the Elgyem line, Deoxys, Lunatone and Solrock, the Claydoll line, the Metagross line, and Jirachi should be Cosmic type. I'm sure I could find others.


Anyway, Lunatone and Solrock should be classified as Cosmic/Dark and Cosmic/Light, respectively. Or Rock/Dark and Rock/Light. Or, even both being Rock/Cosmic, whatever.

But as things are, Solrock has poor stat distribution for its type, and it doesn't interest me like Lunatone does, which, granted, isn't even very much.


Overall: 3/10

No comments:

Post a Comment