Sunday, December 18, 2011

No. 345: Lileep

I think I just killed like a dozen of these in Metroid Fusion

This creep is inspired by ancient plant-animal things, maybe like giant walking barnacle anemones? I've seen pictures of them, they're freaky.

And I like the choice to go with some uncommon fossil animal, instead of DINO DINO THUNDER DINO, like the obvious choice would be. Hell, there's even a Pokemon clone all about reviving dinosaurs. Which is badass, sure, but there's a lot of fossils that aren't dinosaurs.

One thing I'd like to see would be one of those ancient shark alligators, you know the ones. The ones that make the sea thing in Monster Hunter Tri look like fish sticks.

But back to Lileep. It's unique, but, unfortunately, that doesn't make it great. It reminds me of a jar, with something hiding inside, but that "thing" never pokes its head out. Mostly, Lileep is just frigging bizarre.


Overall: 6/10

1 comment:

  1. You know... now that I look at it this could've been an evolved form for Tangela.

    ReplyDelete