Wednesday, December 21, 2011

No. 347: Anorith

Now I'm seeing extra eyes everywhere. Are those red slits the true eyes, or just decoration?

I remember picking Anorith because he was a bug thing, and I really like bugs. But, I never ended up using it, and honestly looking at it again, it reminds me more of roadkill than anything else.

But I can tell they were going for the creepy crawly craplicker known as Anomalocaris, an actual fossil from the Cambrian period. But who can blame them? Reality is frigging awesome sometimes, and there would have been weirder choices. For example, Hallucigenia Sparsa:

Now, further research has determined that this should be flipped, walking on its tentacles with the spines are defense, but that relies on their being paired sets of tentacles, when all fossils have shown only that one row of seven.

Also, we still don't know which end is the front and which is the back, what those little tentacles in a clump are for, or even what the hell such a monstrosity was doing on the earth in the first place. But I know I definitely want to see a Hallucigenia Pokemon in the next game.

Anyway, Anorith is a little frigging rip-off, and I'm going to look up pictures of strange deep-sea creatures now.


Overall: 4/10

No comments:

Post a Comment