Sunday, May 13, 2012

No. 436: Bronzor

Happy mother's day! Shoutouts to my mom, who plays like 3 times as much Pokemon as I do. She even legit completed the National Pokedex in Diamond, no wi-fi trades, hacks, or anything.


But now it's time for another entry in our "inanimate objects but with psychic powers" category. Bronzor is some random-ass little metal thing, like a coin? a plate? a gong? it doesn't look like any of those, but here we are. and if it was just that, it would be a held item, so it needs to also have magical abilities, which manifest themselves as the Psychic type.

If I sound a little dismissive, it's because, well, that's lazy as hell. How about a chair Pokemon, only it has psychic powers. does that sound interesting or cool at all? No, not really. If Bronzor was at least something worth giving a damn about, it would be cool, but I can't even tell what the shit this guy IS. when I look at Ye Olde Bulbapediae, it tells me he's based on a bronze mirror.

huh.

You know, last I checked, mirrors looked reflective, instead of having dots all over them. and bronze was a color in between gold and brown, not navy blue. and Bronzor still can't learn Mirror Shot or whatever. I didn't come in here expecting to hate Bronzor, but by god, I sure do.


Overall: 1/10

4 comments:

  1. To top it all off, SO many trainers use this piece of crap in sinnoh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bronzor and his evolution being based of a famous japanese story Is kinda cool, but I know you don't give a fuck about things like that, so yeah, kinda lackluster this one. Could be a 3/10 if maybe you actually knew this the first time you saw this, but for people who never knew about that, this one is just senseless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may think whatever you want but Bronzy remains a really useful Pokemon for the first gyms, I've OHKO'd the first 5 gyms in Pearl only using a Bronzor

    ReplyDelete
  4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLV_mirror

    ReplyDelete