Thursday, May 24, 2012

No. 445: Garchomp

oh boy do I have mixed feelings about this one


On one hand, I want to say how that pelvis patch of yellow looks stupid as hell, the yellow tip on its head is obviously a scar-sort-of-thing from ramming shit, but Sharpedo already did that, so that's out of place, the white belly has been completely forgotten, there are random-ass spikes all over everywhere, and in general it is giving me motion sickness just looking at it.

But on the other hand, it's a goddamn land shark with spikes and a badass tail and claws and fangs and standing proud and fearsome and head pontoons and everything else and it's awesome.

I have a conflict between my rational side, and my easily-excited 8-year-old side. Let's take a gander at what might have been:


okay, holy moly macaroni, that would be like in my top 3 Pokemon of all time ever if it was a real thing. But sadly, we do not live in the best of all possible worlds. I want to love Garchomp, but I can't say in good faith that its color scheme makes any kind of sense, or that the countless rings around all its limbs are attractive. You're pretty badass, Garchomp, but I'm taking serious points off for being an overdesigned mess.


Excitable 8 Year Old Rating: 10/10
Overall: 7/10

1 comment:

  1. Yeah didn't particulary fond of this pseudo-legend compare to Tyranitar and Metagross, but still remember that Champion's Garchomp is such a douche. Flamethrower+Earthquake asshole.

    ReplyDelete