Wednesday, May 2, 2012

No. 428: Lopunny

A rabbit dies if left alone.


After Gardevoir, Lopunny is the one that receives the most, well, unrealistic fan art.

Now, I know rabbits have been sexualized ever since the Playboy magazine decided to make the rabbit their mascot, and especially after Japan picked up the idea of buxom bunnygirls. But why does Lopunny get all this unwanted attention? I guess I can see how Lopunny has a curvy figure, and a coquettish pose. Oh, and also it's ability is either Cute Charm or Limber. And the way it shakes its hips. And I guess Gamefreak knew exactly what it was doing when it designed her. shit.

I want to get mad at people for sexualizing a Pokemon, but I don't think I can when Gamefreak clearly intended it. I guess we're all sick bastards, but some bastards are sicker than others.

Ignoring all that, Lopunny is a nice enough Pokemon. She's got a unique look with lop-ears and giant eyebrows that remind me of Kaepora Gaebora. I wonder, though, can Lopunny punch things with her ears? I seem to remember something about Buneary being able to do that. So Lopunny is alright, and I wish they were placed at the early points of the game. But even if I wanted to use a pointless Normal type on my team, I wouldn't use Lopunny, because I'd know that somewhere, there's someone who's imagining... this.


Sexual Appeal to Normal People: 2/10
Overall: 7/10

3 comments:

  1. The funniest thing about it? It's totally flat. The "chest" is just it's elbows and the fluff on it's wrists.

    (Yes I know this is pretty well known now as it's shown in both the anime and B/W's animated sprite, but it's still funny all the same.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lopunny's pretty great, but the sexualization is pretty weird considering that Buneary just looks less humanized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah fam, it is not sexualized, its in your head, Lopunny is just a wonderful pokemon, nothing sexual about it, just you and your dirty head

    ReplyDelete