Saturday, May 5, 2012

No. 430: Honchkrow

He'll make you a deal you can't refuse.


Remember when I wanted Empoleon to be some badass mafia don? Turns out, that's exactly what Honchkrow is. He's got a cool hat, a body obviously fed by the finest Italian pasta, and even a scarf or something. Dude's legit.

something else I discovered when looking this guy up: "honcho", as in head honcho, comes from a Japanese word "hanchou", meaning the leader of a group or something. That's crazy, I thought it was Spanish or something. Wait, maybe that's gauchos? I also totally thought "sayonara" was Spanish as well, until someone flat-out told me that was Japanese for good-bye. See, this is what happens when you grow up in the 90's, with everyone greeting their amigos with a little "que pasa?" and then offing bad guys with a witty "hasta la vista baby" and trying to pick up some sexy senoritas.

anyway, I think Honchkrow is cool, but I don't know about that red tail thing. It looks a little tacked-on. Maybe it's like a carnation, just on his ass instead of his breast pocket.


Overall: 7/10

3 comments:

  1. 7/10? I think he deserves 10/10! This guy is just so badass...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with the above. then again this is opinion based plus i would've redeemed zangoose instead of absol (see previous blog posts)

    ReplyDelete